I have recently written a post about making gin to give to people as presents. It’s now nearly time to start foraging for the ingredients, which has given me a bit of a taste for the whole idea. So, this year I will be making as many of my presents as I can. I would also love to get Libby involved in at least some of the things that I make.
This will be done in the free time that I don’t have. The ingredients and materials that I need will be purchased with the money I haven’t got. That’s why I think I need a bit of help. I’m really hoping that somebody out there will have some fabulous ideas. I’m thinking maybe my good friends +Marianne Hopwood and +Ben Michelle Powell might have some great ideas. If anyone at all has any ideas though, please do let me know, I’d love to hear any comments and I’d love to read your blogs if you have written a post about this sort of thing.
Here are my (borrowed) ideas so far:
- Elderflower gin
- Cherry Brandy
- Skittle vodka
- Various sorts of jam
- Chutney- green tomato and apple has been successful in the past
- Taking up knitting (I currently can’t knit) and making some scarves
- Buying some nice charity shop items and “improving / personalising” them
- 14 year old brother. Problematic in every way. I would also like ideas as to what I could make for him
- 11 month old daughter. Equally problematic. Also, is there anything I could make for her that would be an acceptable parent to child present?
- Mum- doesn’t drink, doesn’t like chutney, doesn’t eat sweets. Just jam seems like an insufficient present for my mum
- Husband- would love to find something that Libby and I could make for him. He has everything and will think I’m being a bit of a cheapskate for doing this at all.
- The nice bottles to put the gin into are spectacularly expensive! Can anyone recommend somewhere cheap to buy them or a recycled alternative?