That phrase, “Jack of all trades.” What does it really mean? Do you ever wonder if that’s you? If you answer yes to more than half of these you probably already know the answer.
1. You’ve always envied those people who were good at something. But not quite good, or doing it to an acceptable standard. Or even forging a successful career in something. Really good, award winning, gold medal winning good.
2. You wish you’d listened when your parents tried to tell you that you couldn’t do it all.
3. You wish you could take your own advice right now, today and give a few things up. You still can’t do it all but you still can’t stop trying.
4. When someone needs a favour or a bit of a helping hand, they ask you because you know a bit about it.
5. When someone wants something doing perfectly they ask someone else.
6. You can play virtually any musical instrument but you wish you’d just learnt one.
7. You’ve had a go at practically every sport but you’ve never won anything in your life. You’ve come second more times than you can remember.
8. You have travelled to every continent but haven’t spent enough time anywhere to be an expert on it.
9. Every now and then, you make a to-do list but you’re too busy to look at it. You can’t remember where you’ve put it.
10. You have several different jobs. None of them are even similar.
11. You went to university and studied a subject that would have a natural progression to working in a particular job. You ended up doing something completely different.
12. In your early 20’s, you embarked on a career that most people stay in for life. You lasted 7 years and that felt like an achievement.
13. You have 0 to 5 friends. You have 500 to 5000 “friends”.
14. One day, you’re going to be really good at something. The best in fact. You’re the wrong side of 35 and it still hasn’t happened.
15. You can make your skills and experience fit into virtually any job application for any role. You are rarely the best candidate.
16. You enjoy the 4 jobs you’re doing at the moment but they’re just not your calling. If you keep trying every available career, you’ll find it.
17. You get bored easily. You’d love to be able to focus on someth…
18. You can’t do one thing at a time. You’re currently reading this, watching the television and tweeting. Ooh an email…
19. You’re always late. You don’t mean to be rude but there’s just too much going on.
20. You hate the phrase Jack of all trades. You’re the best in the world at something, you just haven’t found it yet.