And just like that, half term was over. It felt too short, don’t you think? And I hate to mention the ‘C’ word so early, but I’m already looking forward to the Christmas holidays now half term is behind us. In fact, you’ll notice that this week’s Family Travel Tips has a rather Christmassy theme. We’ve stuck to local days out this week, but we’ve managed to pack in plenty of fun. I look forward to reading what everyone else has been up to.
Last month’s Family Travel Tips brought a host of wonderful posts from budget friendly days out and short breaks in the UK, to recommendations for trips to America and exotic locations. There was one in particular that stood out to me, which was by Go Live Young about the Garden Route in South Africa. This brought back amazing memories of stunning sunsets and cage dives with sharks. It’s one of the most beautiful places I’ve ever visited.
Carrie loved The Ladybirds’ Adventures post about things to do with children in the Lake District. This is a fabulous resource for anyone visiting the area. I was particularly impressed that there were options for both sunny days and those when the weather isn’t so kind. I’ve bookmarked it for the next time we head that way.
Family travel tips #17
It may be somewhat controversial, but this week I’m linking up a post about Christmas. It’s my guide to the best Christmas days out in the West Midlands. Now that half term is over, I’m looking forward to the Christmas holidays so much that it’s time to start planning. Besides which, these are selling out fast. I booked one of them back in March, and it has now sold out completely.
And I’m pleased to say, it’s not just me that has Christmas on the mind this week. Carrie is linking up her post about where to meet Santa in Cambridgeshire, Lincolnshire, Northamptonshire and Rutland.
- Any family travel related posts are welcome! This may include but is not limited to days out, attractions, reviews and holidays.
- Please include the Family Travel Tips badge on your post or link back to the hosts.
- It would be amazing if you could comment on the two hosts posts plus two more posts that have linked up.
- A maximum of two posts per blog please.
- Tweet @plutoniumsox or @flyingwithbaby with the hashtag #familytraveltips for a retweet and use the hashtag on Instagram so we can show some love to your posts over there too.
- The linky will go live once a fortnight on a Tuesday and will stay open until the following Tuesday.
- We will each feature our favourite post from the previous week in the following week’s linky, so you’ll get an extra link from us if you’re chosen.