Is anybody else utterly ready for half term now? It’s not too long since the children went back to school but I’m all set for another break and hopefully a few days away. The past fortnight has consisted of bad weather and illness in our house. Days out in the fresh air when we’ve all been well have been such a relief!
Lots of lovely Wintery posts were linked up to our last family travel tips. Unfortunately, we’re not in a position to take part in Winter sports as a family at the moment, so I’ve been reading these with envy. I’ve been particularly excited to see lots of people have visited Iceland this Winter. It’s somewhere I can’t wait to go, so as my featured post I’ve chosen this incredibly detailed post about what to expect in Iceland from Pink Oddy.
Carrie loved the post from Go Live Young about exploring the Roman city of Jerash with children. If you haven’t seen this post, do go and check it out, even if you just flick through the photos. I found it really fascinating to see how similar Jerash is to Rome in terms of its architecture. There are also some great tips on what children will enjoy and how to make sure nobody gets hungry!
Family travel tips #21
It might not surprise you that my post this week is about half term. I’ve put together a guide to what’s on in the West Midlands this half term. It’s a post I’ve started to do for every school holiday, mainly for my own convenience! It’s great to know what events are going on when you’re at a loose end during the holidays.
Carrie is linking up her post about the incredible Villages Nature Paris. This huge family resort is located close to Disneyland, and is a collaborative effort between Disney and Centerparcs. The whole place sounds absolutely magical and a wonderful place to go on holiday.
- Any family travel related posts are welcome! This may include but is not limited to days out, attractions, reviews and holidays.
- Please include the Family Travel Tips badge on your post or link back to the hosts.
- It would be amazing if you could comment on the two hosts posts plus two more posts that have linked up.
- A maximum of two posts per blog please.
- Tweet @plutoniumsox or @flyingwithbaby with the hashtag #familytraveltips for a retweet and use the hashtag on Instagram so we can show some love to your posts over there too.
- The linky will go live once a fortnight on a Tuesday and will stay open until the following Tuesday.
- We will each feature our favourite post from the previous week in the following week’s linky, so you’ll get an extra link from us if you’re chosen.
Grab the badge