It is a sign of how exciting the summer holidays are that the past fortnight has flown by. We’ve been camping in the mud in Kielder Forest and having a bit of a tech break. There was no phone signal at all and somewhat sketchy WiFi. So instead we spent time cycling, walking and generally enjoying the scenery. Now that we’re back to civilisation, I can’t wait to hear what everyone else has been up to!
Carrie and I had a bit of a dilemma about our featured posts this week. I had initially chosen Dave’s post about glamping in Cornwall. However, Carrie chose Dave’s brilliant, in-depth review of the cBeebies hotel at Alton Towers. So at risk of turning Family Travel Tips into the Dave appreciation society, I’ve gone for another post that I loved.
So, my featured post is this one from Travelling With Our Kids about cycling on the river Danube. Having just reached a point where we can cycle with our children, this was a real inspiration to me. I love the fact that they booked it through a tour operator so they didn’t have to carry all their kit. That would make the journey so much easier.
Family travel tips #11
This week, I’m linking up my post about the wonderful Warwick Castle. We were lucky enough to have a short break there a couple of weeks ago. Their Wars of the Roses show is really something special and I would recommend it to anyone.
Carrie is linking up her review of Monarch Airlines. This was a bit of an eye-opener for me as I hadn’t realised how family friendly the airline was. They also fly from Birmingham, which is incredibly convenient from the Midlands.
- Any family travel related posts are welcome! This may include but is not limited to days out, attractions, reviews and holidays.
- Please include the Family Travel Tips badge on your post or link back to the hosts.
- It would be amazing if you could comment on the two hosts posts plus two more posts that have linked up.
- Tweet @plutoniumsox or @flyingwithbaby with the hashtag #familytraveltips for a retweet and use the hashtag on Instagram so we can show some love to your posts over there too.
- The linky will go live once a fortnight on a Tuesday and will stay open until the following Tuesday.
- We will each feature our favourite post from the previous week in the following week’s linky, so you’ll get an extra link from us if you’re chosen.