Paste your Google Webmaster Tools verification code here

Our Thursday Photo #66

This was the week when Lia finally decided to start walking (excluding the four hours that she walked for last month).

It was the week that a very cute panda waved her dad off to work.

2015-08-13 07.35.21

It was the week I made an amazing moisturiser, the latest in my home made skincare products.

I heated a tablespoon of coconut butter and a tablespoon of cacao butter over a low heat until they turned to liquid.

I left them to cool for about 20 minutes before adding a teaspoon of aloe vera gel and half a teaspoon of bentonite clay, mixing them all together and putting them in the fridge for a few minutes.

When they had started to solidify, I put them into a moisturiser pot, popped the lid on and put it in the fridge to solidify.

After an hour in the fridge, it was solid and I was able to take it out and keep it at room temperature without it melting.

It’s got the consistency of a balm, much more solid than any other moisturiser. It works wonders, my skin feels fantastic and it smells divine.

There really is no need to buy commercially produced moisturiser anymore.

It was also the week that I managed to get to the swimming pool on three mornings before hubby went to work.

We had a relaxing morning by the river when the weather was nice.

2015-08-09 10.14.54


When the weather turned cold today, we still wanted to be outside. But it turns out, we were the only ones who did.

I am always amazed when I take the girls to the park and there’s nobody there. But in the summer holidays, it just seems ridiculous.

We headed to our favourite local park with the dogs and a picnic for lunch. We arrived at around midday, ate our lunch and played in the park, leaving at around 1.30 pm.

Nobody joined us throughout the time we were there. It was bliss.

Next time the weather is a bit dull, we will definitely be heading for the park.

Our Thursday photo #66 was taken today at the park.

I’ve got some wonderful photos of the girls together from this week, so it perhaps seems a little odd that I’ve chosen one that doesn’t really show their faces.

But sometimes, the natural photos are the best. And sometimes that  means snapping away when they don’t even know I’m there.

2015-08-13 12.45.43




  1. August 13, 2015 / 8:30 pm

    Gorgeous smiley picture 🙂 I’m glad you’ve had a chance to get out and about and enjoy some time despite the work schedule xxx

    • August 13, 2015 / 11:26 pm

      Thank you, they’re such good friends now it’s lovely 🙂

  2. Izzie Anderton
    August 14, 2015 / 3:17 pm

    Cute pic of Lia and Libby making the most of one another’s company… don’t you just love it when they play nicely together?! Loving the panda pic too… how sweet!

    • August 14, 2015 / 3:37 pm

      Thank you Izzie. They are adorable together 95 per cent of the time. The other 5 per cent I just let them fight, they soon sort it out amongst themselves! I know this makes me a terrible parent but they both need to learn to stick up for themselves and they’re too young to do each other any proper damage 😉

    • August 14, 2015 / 9:55 pm

      Thank you, I love the moisturiser, I’m hoping it will see me through the winter.x

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.